Online recipe review: Matcha Chiffon Cake that you smile when you eat

 Online recipe review: Matcha Chiffon Cake that you smile when you eat


This is a review of the Japanese Chiffon Cake recipe from Chopstick Chronicles site to Follow.(Japanese Chiffon Cake - Hojicha Flavour | Chopstick Chronicles)



Introduce

  This time, I made matcha chiffon cake. I like sweets. I especially like matcha. I often eat matcha sweets when I’m tired or want to relieve stress.

It makes me happy.

Macha means green tea.  Green tea is bitter when licked alone, but when it is made into sweets, it adds sweetness and becomes very delicious. That’ way I chose this post because I wanted to make matcha sweets.

 This post was written by Megan Fitzgibbons. It is matcha chiffon cake.


Description

 My house where I live alone doesn’t have an oven, so I went back to my parents ‘house. I didn’t have ingredients, so I went to a large supermarket near my parents’ house to buy it with my mother and sister. I was able to get all 

ingredients.

 The recipe recommends three flavors: plain, black tea, cocoa, matcha...etc. The recipe itself was made with plain and  black tea, but I chose matcha flavor. Because I also like matcha the best of the three, and it was the most popular among my family.

And, the recipe recommended an aluminum can mold, but I didn’t, so I used the paper one. Topped with red bean paste, trefoil and fresh cream.


Review the featured recipe’s strengths and weaknesses 

 Strengths are easy . I am clumsy, but I could easily make it. There are many simple steps, so I thought anyone could make it. Also, although it was easy, the taste was very delicious and It was well received by my family.

 Weaknesses are simple, but it takes time to cool down. It took 2 hours to cool down completely.

 It was difficult to actually make it, and mix it so that it would not get messed up. So I devised a way to diligently divide the flour so that it wouldn’t get messed up.

 There was a description of vegetable oil in the recipe. There are many types of vegetable oils, but I recommend corn oil. I think olive oil is fine, but since it has a strong unique scent, people who are not good at olive oil should add corn oil.


Review

 This recipe was very easy to understand. A list of materials to use, photos were attached according to the procedure, and the photos were also numbered, so it was easy to make in the same way. In addition, questions about common failures and their reasons were given, and the answers were also shown, so I thought it would be good to devise ways to prevent readers from failing.

 However, a video of unrelated cooking was attached together, so I thought that it should be improved.  And there was no mention of when to add matcha powder, so I want to mention it.

 

Conclusion

  I highly recommend this article and recipe, especially to people who like matcha. On the other hand, I don’t recommend it to people who don’t like matcha.

However, if you don’t like it, try black tea or plain flavors! You can find the taste that suits you!

 For the first time, I made chiffon cake and learned how to cool down the chiffon cake .Also, I learned how to write a recipe. When writing a recipe by myself, I want to refer to how to write it.

 This time, I made my own matcha chiffon cake and I have come to like matcha more and more. Also, it is fun to make and it helps to relieve stress! I was happy that my family was happy that It was delicious. I want to make it again, and I want to make it with different tastes.

 


 


コメント